I have said many times throughout the history of this podcast that our strongest and most important ally, are the nations of Europe. We share a collective history, and a shared interest in the flourishing of democracy and the liberalization of nations. This century has been marked by conflict and a shift back towards Great Power Politics. The Western institutions built after the 2nd World War are under attack. We can only preserve and reform the West & its institutions with the aid of a willing, strong and united Europe. They would not be a threat to us. They would be an indispensable ally.
Please note – If you use news articles for your research and your sources are behind paywalls.
~Right click on the headline and select “copy link address”
~Open a new window and past the URL in
~*Before* you hit enter add “outline.com/” BEFORE the https://. Then hit enter.
- A Step Towards A United States of Europe – https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2012/06/29/155973136/a-baby-step-toward-a-united-states-of-europe
- German Push for United States of Europe I – https://www.politico.eu/article/spds-martin-schulz-wants-united-states-of-europe-by-2025/
- German Push for United States of Europe II – https://www.ksl.com/article/46214841/german-fm-united-states-of-europe-wouldnt-negate-nations
- Europe Coming Together – https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/global-opinions/is-europe-finally-facing-its-debt/2020/07/26/08738a2e-cdc1-11ea-bc6a-6841b28d9093_story.html
- A European Army I – https://www.politico.eu/article/angela-merkel-emmanuel-macron-eu-army-to-complement-nato/
- A European Army II – https://www.politico.eu/article/trump-fights-macrons-european-army-over-words-not-weapons-nato/