On this fourth of July, our Independence Day, it is vitally important to reflect on the horrid conditions present at migrant detention camps along the southern border and around the country. While there is cause to rejoice at how far we have come as a nation, we must reflect and atone for the horrors that exist today. While we talk about our freedoms, what of the freedoms of those interned in defacto concentration camps?
- Squalid Conditions at Border Detention Centers, Government Report Finds https://nyti.ms/2KTrfMy
- Federal Judge Blocks Barr’s Attempt to Deny Asylum Seekers Bail https://nyti.ms/2Nt0sJ0
- Ocasio-Cortez Describes ‘Horrifying’ Conditions at Texas Migrant Facility https://nyti.ms/2NpN9ZR
- Asylum Officers’ Union Says Trump Migration Policy ‘Abandons’ American Tradition https://nyti.ms/2RGkVZphttps://nyti.ms/2RGkVZp
- House Passes Senate Border Bill in Striking Defeat for Pelosi https://nyti.ms/2Nit7AE